I just read the annual report for the Friendship Centers and there are some amazing statistics from last year 2014:
- The Health Clinics served 3,619 patients representing 13,646 visits!
- The Friendship Centers served 269,190 meals in FOUR different counties.
- At the Living Rooms in Sarasota, Venice and Ft Myers, 278 clients received 89,429 hours of care.
- There were 634 caregivers who received 3,357 hours of support and education through the Caregiver Resource Center. (In 2013 the CRC helped change my life and my Dad's while we were dealing with my mother's Alzheimer's.)
- The Senior Centers served 1,480 clients during 16,890 visits.
- Friendship Centers' Case managers worked with 1056 clients and the Friendship at Home program served 1,025 clients.
- Last but not least, 1,000 volunteers provided 68,882 hours of service with an in-kind value of $3,250,595.
This year's Giving Challenge has a very special twist with a matching donation program thanks to the Patterson Foundation. Just click the banner at the top for more information.
We need your help starting at noon on September 1 and in answer to the question of where do your dollars go?
Everywhere in the community!