If you need help with your taxes, check out the the Friendship Centers in Sarasota this year. The Firendship Centers is proud to be one of the local sites for AARP TAX - AIDE.
The program runs from February 3 - April 14, 2015 and is an ideal way for you to get help and at the same time visit the Friendship Centers and check out the social calendar at the Senior Center, Health Services and the Living Room.
• Photo Identification
• Social Security card (for yourself, spouse & all dependents)
• Copy of last years income tax returns
• W-2 forms from each employer
• Unemployment compensation statements
• SSA-1099 form if you were paid Social Security benefits
• All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, etc.)showing interest and/or dividends and documentation showing original purchase price of sold assets
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide, an AARP Foundation program, helps low- to moderate-income taxpayers have more discretionary income for everyday essentials, such as food and housing, by assisting with tax services and ensuring they receive applicable tax credits and deductions.
Since 1968, volunteer-based program has helped nearly 50 million low- to moderate-income taxpayers AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is available free to taxpayers with low and moderate income, with special attention to those 60 and older. Through a cadre of trained volunteers, AARP Foundation Tax-Aide has helped low- to moderate-income individuals for more than 40 years in every state and the District of Columbia.